Monday, February 2, 2009

Pointless Holiday or Government Conspiracy?



There has to be more to it than a chubby rodent. I'm thinking that the government is using the whole charade to get all of us to worship Bill Murray, then they can put subliminal messages into the movie and brainwash us when we watch it like fifty times in one day. Here's my proof: what could be funnier than watching Bill Murray's face as the groundhog drives his car? And every time I see the movie all I can do is grin like a moron and wish I were Andie MacDowell. Maybe she's a spy. I'll let you know if I run into her, seeing as how she lives here in Ashevegas- center of all mystery and intrigue in the known world. Back to knitting sock monkey arms!
If you can tell me what this government conspiracy is really about, and that it involves yarn, I will send you some Noro.

2 comments:

Sharon Rose said...

Clearly it's a conspiracy! The proof is the sweater Andi was wearing... oops, looks like a vest and shirt. I must have thinking of a different movie. Okay, the proof is that the yarn industry *mumble mumble* more winter means you need to knit more mittens, so obviously *mumble cough* government subsidies for groundhogs *mumble AHEM!* See, it makes perfect sense.

Caryn said...

Ok, opening up a can of worms here, but here it goes:
This holiday is a conspiracy that is co-inspired by PETA. The government made it a holiday to please PETA as it gives thousands a reason to worship an animal. The link in Groundhog Day is that until Bill Murray realizes that it is fultile to resist this necessary worship, he is doomed to repeat the day until he does so. The other furry critter worship link to him is the gopher in Caddy Shack. He needs to realize that it's much smarter than him, and therefore he must worship it.
Sorry for any PETA outrage caused by uncovering the plot...