Friday, October 17, 2008

Knitty Friday!



Although I missed my yarny cohort Lizabee, I was able to get a lot of work done on the cupcake disaster project. I tried felting it, which only managed to smoosh up the nice ribbing I worked so hard on, but the hat part was still huge, so then I sewed it so it gathers together, which means it looks like the nightcaps that Laura Ingalls wore. Sigh Then I thought about just turning it into a cute little bag, so I'm crocheting handles, and I beaded the whole thing so if it's turned it kinda sorta still looks cupcakey. I think.
My dealer met me there and we exchanged money for goods. Didn't that sound shady?! Me and my exciting life. She sells wonderful handmade soaps. I got three lemon tart for the swaps, and two chai tea because hubby might like them, they're spicy. BEST of all, marvelous Dealer
gave me some absolutely gorgeous silk yarn to make a scarf with. Look!


No comments: