Sunday, April 26, 2009

Posy Pillow





Mixed review of Stitches South here. I think SAFF has spoiled me. SAFF is here in Asheville, at the Agricultural Center, and there are sheep. And lots of deals, unique yarns, little farm stalls, tons of Ravelers. Stitches South was at the Galleria in Atlanta and it was fine I guess, very organized. There were booths representing many of the major yarn brands but they weren't selling yarn just had samples. The LYS's from GA were there, and some others, but I kind of prefer the crowded noisy stuffed to the rafters SAFF environment.
I DID get to see Turtlegirl76, and she was wearing the perfect sweater to match Guy Monkey. I scored some gorgeous sock yarn and Guy got to pose with the famous Miss Babs, shown here with my secret pal's lime sock yarn whichMissBabs hand dyed herself.

When I got home, after the pug attack, I finished the cute Posy Pillow from AnnieAmelia, and petted my sock yarn. A LOT. And no, Sillyfru, you can't haz it. I think I might try Jillwalkers!

3 comments:

Knit Witch said...

Gotta love Miss Babs!!!!!!!

Fru-la-la! said...

heheheeh..you know me too well b/c I was just about to say.."I want that!!!". Glad ur home! Hugs!

Celeste said...

Thanks for the review! I skipped Stitches South because I thought it might be as you said. The only person I would have wanted to buy from is Miss Babs, and I figured I can buy from her online.

I loved my trip to SAFF. Love the animals and all the yarns, and the bunnies.

IrishF on rav