Friday, November 7, 2008

So much happening


Update...there is so much happening in my world here its hard to keep up! I can't begin to thank all of you guys enough for all of your kind loving thoughts and prayers both for Bootsie's safe return and for my sorrow and trying to comfort me. Bootsie is truly gone, but at least I know that he is not suffering in the cold, because whoever took him must have wanted him awful bad. Right?
Next order of business is getting my friend Lizabee's handy hubby to help me find materials and build a pug-proof fence. I leash walk but I still would like any new baby to be able to safely play in our huge yard, yes?
Speaking of new baby, you might think Im replacing Boots but that will never happen. Still, Im definately a pug person and I feel empty and sad without (at least) one pug. My friend Lulu, who has darling Grandpa, has had wonderful fundraising ideas that we have been discussin to try to get funds for a rescue pug, then, you'll never believe this but another friend who starts with a P, I dont know if she wants to be anonymous or not yet, anyway, she has offered to totally pay for a new baby for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
P, you know who you are: all my love, and a very very lovely hand-knitted something is what i offer in return. And eternal thanks and oh, lots of pug kisses. You can be godmother, too.

Also, huge long post I know, you all asked for a hospice update: My little patient is not doing well, as to be expected of course, and has been asking for me quite a bit lately. I made her horrible crocheted socks that were too small that I will never do again, back to knitted socks but Im afraid she will die before I get them knitted. Anyway yesterday she said that if she made it through the night she wanted to be admitted to hospice center so I called the nurse, they did an assessment and she's being moved today. last night I went back to see her, and she asked me "is medicaid paying you enough?" I said "No, honey, I'm a volunteer" and she just looked at me so funny for a minute then she says "You mean, you are coming to see me just to visit me?"

The world is a beautiful, beautiful place.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm so glad you'll be getting a rescue pug!!! nothing but fun fur curses to those that stole your baby.

volunteering is one of the best rewards out there. nothing like touching another life. (hugs)

Anonymous said...

The world os a beautiful place because we have people like you in it, who offer to help others for no other return than a thanks and a smile. However, it's sad that there are so few of you that your patient has to be surprised at why you're there in the first place.

Happy pug hunting!

stacyZ said...

OMG this is wonderful for you! So many hugs!