Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Hand Salve



Hello my friends, today was fun and tiring too. Lizabee and her son Art came over for a visit at Pug Palace. Wonderful Lizabee NEEDS to have an etsy store, because her upcycled tote bags are just the cutest things I have ever seen. I am only going to post one, which is maybe my favorite, and any of the Tractors will be able to guess who it is for so don't y'all tell her!! Lizabee did the totes then I added crochet brooches, stitch markers, special yarn, a handmade card, and of course a nun, to each bag. We also did decorated tins that I poured the hand salve into.
In case you want a recipe: I used olive oil 3 parts to one part local Asheville Beeswax from the market. I melt the beeswax in the oil on the stovetop. I add a few (2-3) drops of essential oil while it is still hot, and pour it into the tin. That's it! Today I made three kinds- some wanted cinammon, and I did add a drop of nutmeg as well. Some wanted peppermint. The rest asked for "fruity but not too sweet" and I went kind of crazy and mixed grapefruit oil, bergamot, and lemonbalm. Those three are cheerful yet relaxing, yes?

1 comment:

Fru-la-la! said...

AWESOME!! I love that y'all are doing this!!!